Monday 28 April 2014

AshestoAngels - Thank you!

Having spent a good few days wondering what I should title my blog it occurred to me that the whole reason for doing this is so that people get a real insight in to the reality of what it is like to live with a mental health condition, especially as a young person, to en-still hope and self belief and to help to stamp out stigma and raise awareness of mental health and the highs and lows that go with it.

Whenever I am doing a talk about my mental health or mental health recovery in general, I always refer to "mental health problems" as mental health conditions because with or without a diagnosis having a mental health condition doesn't have to be a problem in your life, you can still lead a "normal" life and just because you feel awful now, you won't feel that way forever. Which is when I realised that there would be no better title that "You won't feel this way forever" which I have tattooed on my foot and speaks to me more than I can even express!

So thank you AshestoAngels for writing such inspirational lyrics and Adam Crilly for giving me the permission to use your song lyric as the title of my blog! 

Let's hope this blog inspires people as much as your music does!

From the bottom of my heart, thank you, not only for letting me use the lyric but for all the support, time and love you guys have shown and given me since the first day I ever met you, it really does mean the world to me.

Check them out at www.facebook.com/ashestoangels

No comments:

Post a Comment